Quick Start Guide - Quickies
From time to time a little quickie and immediately your working day is more colourful, your productivity increases, your stress level decreases and life feels good.
Here we will tell you all the tips and tricks for a perfect quickie:
To add new quickies to the assistant bar, you can either use the Quickie Wizard or simply drop the link to the quickie data source to the assistant bar (this works, for example, with RSS newsfeeds):
- Assistant Bar (Handbag) - click on the handbag in the assistant bar to open the Quickie Manager and after that click on the "Add Quickie" button to start the Quickie Wizard.
- Assistant Bar (Context Menu) - open the context menu of the assistant bar and select the menu item "Add Quickie" to start the Quickie Wizard.
- Assistant Bar (Drag & Drop) - move the mouse pointer over the link in the browser's address bar or a link in any browser window, press the mouse button, move the mouse pointer over a free area of the assistant bar and release the mouse button.
With the Quickie Wizard you can create a new quickie in just a few steps:
To add a new quicklet to a quickie, you can either use the Quicklet Wizard or simply drop the link to the quickie data source by drag and drop onto the quickie icon in the assistant bar (this works, for example, for RSS newsfeeds).
- Quickie (Context Menu) - open the context menu of the quickies and select the menu item "Add Quicklet" to start the Quicklet Wizard.
- Quickie Manager (Handbag) - click on the handbag in the assistant bar to open the Quickie Manager and then click the "Add Quicklet" button to start the Quicklet Wizard.
- Assistant Bar (Drag & Drop) - move the mouse pointer over the link in the browser's address bar or a link in any browser window, press the mouse button, move the mouse pointer over the quickie icon in the assitant bar to which you want to add the new quicklet and release the mouse button.
The Quicklet Wizard helps you to add new quicklets to an existing quickie. In the Quicklet Wizard you can select a quicklet, configure it and finally add it to the quickie. Which quicklets you can add depends on the quickie (e. g. you can only add newsfeed quicklets to a newsfeed quickie).
What your female personal assistant's handbag is, your male personal assistant's briefcase is. Everything you need to make you happy around the clock. A click on handbag or briefcase in the assitant bar opens the Quickie Manager, with which you can manage all your quickies.
- Add Quickie - add new quickie with Quickie Wizard
- Move Quickie - move quickie to the left
- Move Quickie - move quickie to the right
- Delete Quickie - delete current quickie
- Add Quicklet - start Quicklet Wizard
- Move Quicklet - move quicklet to the top
- Move Quicklet - move quicklet to the bottom
- Delete Quicklet - delete current quicklet
- Quickies - quickies as on assistant bar
For each of your quickies, there is a configuration page with general settings.
- Name - the quickie name.
- Icon - the icon for the assistant bar - the possible icons vary according to quickie.
- Icon (Text) - for some icons a text - 2 to 3 letters and/or digits - can be added to be displayed on the icon.
- Disable Quicke - check to disable the quickie (e. g. if the quickie data source is temporarily unavailable).
If a quickie can draw attention to itself through notifications (light strip in the wizard bar), then there is a corresponding configuration page where you can select which notifications you want to receive from the quickie and which you don't.
- Notifications – all notifications that are supported by the quickie are listed here - all selected notifications are raised by the quickie; all unselected ones are not.
There is a corresponding configuration page for each quicklet of a quickies. On this page, you can make settings for the respective quicklet. In our case, it is a newsfeed quicklet.
- General – the name of the quicklet (displayed in the quickie popup) and the newsfeed URL.
- Display – specify whether and to what extent summaries are to be displayed and whether images are to be displayed.
- Update – specify how often the newsfeed should be updated.
- Other – a newsfeed can be disabled so that it is neither retrieved nor updated.